Monday 24 April 2017

Things from Salute 2017.

I went to Salute 2017 in London on saturday.

Always fun to go to and have a look around, with lots of demonstration games, and lots of smaller miniature companies. I met up with several Oldhammer bloggers, chatted to Tim Prow about his miniatures range, and chatted to many company owners. I did'nt bother to take photographs as a lot of other people probably have, and of better quality. I wanted to focus on looking around and spying out interesting things, rather than photography.

When I go to Salute I usually don't go there to buy armies or anything that I could really buy online. My aim to to pick up any odds and ends that would'nt warrant a mail order, buy items from smaller companies which I had not heard of or (sadly) might not be around for long, or buy items of scenery which would cost a lot in postage. Also, it's good for gathering information on new compaines and collecting the website addresses for any future mail ordering.

Below are the few odds and ends I purchased, with links to the relavent web sites.

Enjoy :)

 Snail house!
I bought this as a charming scenery piece for fantasy gaming, especially with Fantasy Tribes era Goblins and Dwarves in mind. 
It cost £15 and is made by
http://www.hystericalgames.co.uk/
 Front door and left side.
 It's a big snail shell house! :)
 Fishmen.
I have always wanted these, and so succumbed to pure whim, costing £10 for the pair.
These were originally made by Citadel Miniatures for the very earlier Rogue Trader releases in 1987, being converted from earlier Fishmen. They were re-released a few years ago by Wargames Foundry, and now reside at Warmonger Miniatures.
https://warmongerminiatures.myshopify.com/
 An armoured Giant Barn Owl from Oathsworn Miniatures. 
I really like Oathsworn miniautres and already have several. I bought this for one of my 3rd Edition Elf Armies as a standing for a Giant Eagle. I might order a few more. He cost £7.
http://www.oathswornminiatures.co.uk/
 Cacti from Wargames Terrain Workshop.
As people may be aware, I have been painting a Snakeman army, with a vague Southwestern desert of   North America feel. So I thought a little desert scenery would be fun to have, especially as I will be photographing the whole army on a gaming board, probably next week.
These fine flora cost a mere £3.
http://wargamesterrainworkshop.co.uk/
 More giant Cacti. These cost £2.50.
 Rattle Snakes. 
I am not sure whether to put these on Snakemen bases, or use them as a bound swarm, but for £2 I could'nt resist. 
 Bugs!
These are awsome. Small resin made bugs, great for bases and swarms. I will be using some of these for Slann bases, and maybe some of the Fantasy Tribes Goblins. 
They cost £4.50, and are made by Ristuls Market.
https://www.ristulsmarket.com/
 Flowers.
Lots and lots of Flowers.
These are made by Debris of War Scenics and a beautifully detailed and self adhesive. They are very reasonably priced  at £5 and £6, considering the large number you get.
The 'mm' sizing is to  do with how tall the flowers are, rather than the width of the flowers.
http://www.debrisofwar.com/
 Close up of the 2mm tufts.
 Free stuff!
The Salute female Red Revolutionary miniautre, and Red Star die.
I also was given a free platic miniature from War Cradle. The yhad a big display game and the miniautre looks to be a high quality plastic casting.
Thier website is here:
http://www.warcradle.com/
 Free all-colour Forgeworld Catalogue, handy for my 30k Hours Heresy army.

Next update will be in a couple of days time on the Iron Claw Harpies.
I have been painting a lot recently, and have nearly finished the Snakeman army, with all of the Snakemen themselves now done!

9 comments:

  1. Random but nice haul you got there :) Toys for the Toy God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you're right Chico,it is a pretty eclectic set of stuff! :)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful things, love the Snail house and the flowers...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love the snail house, I am looking forward to painting it.
      I enjoy going to Salute and having a look around at the different stalls and finding quirky and unusual items and some realy useful little odds and ends. I am looking to paint some more Goblins soon, so I can try out the flowers! :)

      Delete
  3. Glad you liked the cacti and snakes, and was great to meet you at Salute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great to meet you as well Dave. I really like the Cacti and Snakes. They are really nicely made and the detail on the rattlesnake is great. I will be painting them and the Cacti up in the next few days and posting them on the blog.
      Great stuff on the website too. I hope you had a good and busy day at Salute. :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you, yes very busy, and got to catch up with a lot of friends old and new, so was a great day. Look forward to seeing them painted by you

      Delete
  4. Some very nice stuff here. I REALLY like that snail shell house! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely is'nt it! I have glued the chimney on and undercoated it this afternoon, so I will be painting it quite soon.
      Glad you like the other stuff. It might seem an odd collection of things, but it all has a function somwehere in my collection. :)

      Delete